Promptly after declaring myself back from a self-imposed blogging break, I completely disappeared again. I’m a crappy blogger, I know. But in my defence there was another house move, a camping trip, and then well, the impending arrival of this new baby seemed to have siphoned what remaining brain power and energy I had left. Sheets have been washed and dried crisp in the sun. Tiny little singlets folded into neat piles. Breathing techniques practiced for birth.
Then there’s been the daydreaming about creating the perfect space for our sweet girl. And if I’m honest, this has taken up a good chunk of my time. Slowly her room is coming together, but while I wait patiently by the letterbox for the lovely little things to arrive, I’m excited to share with you my inspiration board.
the details – quilt – iviebaby / storage unit – freedom / dream big print – emma kate creative / storage basket – freedom / panda print – seventy tree / cane side table – vintage (find similar on ebay) / drawers – ikea / ‘scout’ cot – king parrot / geo shapes – the minimalist / triangle wall stickers – mur / hello baby cushion – iviebaby / customised birth print – hunter rose birthprints / cane rocking chair – vintage (find similar on ebay)
When the monster was still a belly baby and the pregnancy insomnia was at its worst I spent many early mornings trolling through the nursery tours at Apartment Therapy. I loved peeking in to the lives of real people to see how they made a special space for their little one. In planning the room, I wanted to make a space that could grow with Lachie, that wouldn’t need ‘updating’ once he was no longer a chubby newborn. The navy, red, grey and white colours will work through the next few years, at least until the monster starts asserting his preferences over mine.
What I love most about the room is that it’s so full of love; from the paintings we bought in Thailand when first engaged, to the beautiful mobile and quilt my sisters made for the monster when he was born, nearly everything has a story behind it. You’ll find a list of where everything is from at the end of the post. Enjoy peeking into the monsters love-filled space!
- Cot ‘Scout’ by KingParrot
- Cot sheet by Purebaby
- Quilt made by my sister Melinda
- Roy Lichentstein art from Thailand
- Surfboard signed by Joel Parkinson, Mick Fanning and Stephanie Gillmore a gift from our friend
- Aeroplane mobile made by my sister Layla
- Bookcase by Ikea
- Bunting by Bannana J Creations
- Small suitcases vintage, Troy’s dads from his schooldays
- Red and white aeroplane ornament a gift from my mum from Japan
- Red aeroplane ornament a gift from Layla
- Red ‘transport’ art framed wrapping paper from Kikki-k
- Change table by Childcare
- Chest of drawers by Ikea
- Rocking chair from opshop (handed down from Troy’s sister) with cushions recovered by Troy’s mum in Ikea fabric
- Puppy painting from Thailand
- Bus scroll print by My Sweet Prints
- Monster print by Wendy June
- ‘L’ painting by the monster (with some help from his mum)
- Globe by National Geographic, a gift from my mum
- Surfer ornaments, Troy’s grandmas from circa 1950’s
- Bedtime books; Slinky Malinki by Lynley Dodd and Time for Bed by Mem Fox and Jane Dyer (a gift from my Aunty)