Somewhere along the way I fell in love with this simple dinner recipe. It’s easy and healthy and so very tasty. And will find its way onto our dining table at least once a week. I can be a bit boring like that. Find something that works and just keep making it.
If you try it you’ll see though, that it’s just too quick, easy and tasty to not put into regular dinner rotation.
750grams of boneless chicken thigh
400gram can of chick peas
1 stalk of celery
1 small cucumber
1 cob of corn, cooked and cut off the cob
1/2 red onion
1/4 red capsicum
1/2 punnet of grape tomatoes
Portuguese (or Moroccan) seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
– Trim excess fat from the chicken and coat in seasoning. Pan fry on a medium to high heat, turning frequently.
– While chicken is cooking dice all your salsa ingredients. Try to keep a consistent small dice, with the red onion very fine.
– Drain and rinse the chick peas and add to the salsa.
– Dress the salsa with juice from half a lemon, a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
– Toss through the fresh coriander.
– Once the chicken is cooked, serve hot with the salsa on the side.